The Baldwin School in China
Program Start:Friday, June 2, 2017
Program End:Thursday, June 15, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing, China:Exploration of China’s political center
Xi’an, China:Journey into the ancient capital of the Middle Kingdom
Chengdu, China:A glimpse of China’s breathtaking natural landscapes
Faculty Leader:Tina Yen
Program DescriptionThe Baldwin School 2017 China Seminar will consist of four main program portions:
- In Beijing, students will have opportunities to discover the People’s Republic of China’s political capital in unique ways that include not only visiting important historical sites, but engaging in service oriented activities, as well as in a variety of cultural immersion experiences.
- In Xi’an, students will journey into the times when emperors ruled the Middle Kingdom. In addition to visiting internationally renowned heritage sites, students will experience firsthand the impact of ethnic diversity on Chinese history and culture.
- In Chengdu, students will get a close-up view of the world’s tallest Buddha in Leshan, gaze at some of China’s most epic mountain vistas, and enjoy the sunset on the Golden Summit of Emei Shan. Lastly, students will meet with Sichuan’s most famous residents at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Friday, December 2, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “The Baldwin School 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Thursday, March 23, 2017.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
Consider learning survival Chinese! A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.