Bali Alumni Trip 2016
Start Time and City:August 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM; start city TBA
End Time and City:August 19, 2016 at 10:00 AM; end city TBA
Primary Trip Segments
- It typically takes two calendar days to travel to Bali from the United States. Participants should plan accordingly to arrive in Depensar, Bali (DPS) on or before the start date.
- Your CLiGS faculty lead will provide this information around three months prior to the program’s start date.
Faculty Lead:Dr. Marc Stern
Trip Duration:7 days and 7 nights
Your CLiGS faculty lead will provide this information around three months prior to the program’s start date.
- Before June 10, 2016: submit CLI’s Student Information Form
- Before June 10: submit 500 USD deposit
- Before June 17: share your int’l flight itinerary with CLI
- Before July 15: submit remaining program balance
Bali Alumni Trip To-Do ListIn order to enroll in this Alumni Trip, please complete each of the following steps. CLI is an official CLiGS partner and helps manage the Center’s international program enrollment and logistical needs; please feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email our Director of Enrollment at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the enrollment process.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Please complete our Student Information Form as soon as possible, but no later than June 10, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. In the days and weeks after you submit this form, you will receive several important emails from CLI in preparation for your program. Please be on the lookout for these emails and stay up to date on CLI and CLiGS’ requests.
- Read and accept key policies regarding CLiGS Global Programs
Please submit the VT and CLiGS Key Policies Form before submitting your program deposit. This step must be completed before you submit your deposit in step 4, due June 10, 2016.
- Submit your 2016 CLiGS Alumni Trip deposit
In order to secure your space in this Alumni Trip, please click the link below to submit your 300 USD non-refundable deposit by June 10, 2016. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above) and confirm that you have reviewed and accept the Liability Agreement, the Program Refund Policy, and the CLiGS policy regarding non-enrolled travel companions (step 2 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your deposit.
- Stay current on important travel information
- Purchase your international airfare and complete CLI’s Flight Form
[NOTE: At this time, details of the Alumni Trip itinerary are still being finalized, so we recommend waiting to purchase your airfare until further notice. Please check back at this step for when this italicized notice is removed.]After purchasing your international airfare, please share your flight information with CLI by completing this international flight form by June 17.
- Secure your passport
If you do not have a passport, please apply for one immediately. If you do have a passport, double check that its expiration date is at least six months after the end of your upcoming alumni trip. If your passport’s expiration date is within six months of your program’s end date, please renew your passport as soon as possible.
- Secure your visa (if applicable)
Passport holders from most countries, including the United States, are offered Visa on Arrival (VoA) upon arriving to any international Indonesian airport and therefore are not required to arrange a visa prior to departing for Indonesia. However, you are advised to review Indonesia’s visa policies at least two months prior to your program’s commencement date.
- Complete CLiGS and CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Submit your remaining Alumni Trip balance
- Understand your VT-provided medical and travel insurance
Please carefully review this Virginia Tech Insurance PDF. CLiGS will purchase a travelers’ health insurance policy on your behalf from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). You will receive an email from CISI with your personal policy information. Be sure to save the information, print out a copy to bring with you on the alumni trip, and print out another copy to leave with your emergency contact prior to departure. CISI also offers a mobile app that may come in handy during your travels.