Bard in China Summer 2018
Trip Duration:14 days of study and travel
Program Start:Sunday, July 1, 2018
Program End:Saturday, July 15, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
Nanjing, China:China’s Historic Old Capital and Contemporary Heartland
Guilin, China:Language and Scenery along the Li River
Faculty Leader:Li-Hua Ying, PhD
Itinerary OverviewDuring our 14-day program, participating students will experience two of China’s most fascinating cities while exploring the following themes:
- In Nanjing, students will learn more about China’s rich history and role as a time-honored powerhouse of Asia through daily excursions such as museum trips, company visits, and more activities.
- In Guilin, students will participate in intensive, one-on-one language courses as well as a variety of cultural classes. Participants will also explore the magnificent karst mountains and rice terraces hidden in the countryside surrounding Guilin.
Bard College To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Director of Enrollment at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Tell us your international flight itinerary
It’s important for your faculty leaders and for CLI to keep track of each student’s international flight itinerary. Please complete our Flight Info Form so that we have your arrival and departure information on record.
- Secure your space in your 2018 China Seminar
In order to secure your space in your China Seminar, please click the below link (secured by Stripe) to submit your 500 USD non-refundable deposit at least three months prior to your program’s start date. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (see Step 1 above).
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review our Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to Professor Jennifer Clevenger by May 15, 2018.
- Complete CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Submit your remaining program balance
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Explore CLI’s List of Online Learning Resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Familiarize yourself with your itinerary
Be sure to thoroughly review your China itinerary and, as always, feel free to contact CLI anytime.
- Review important travel information
Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that each student familiarize themselves with relevant health and safety information.