NW China Council 2017 Journey
Program Start:Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Program End:Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Enjoy dinner and the view from the outdoor deck of Taipei 101
- Explore the Longshan Temple and Ximindeng in Taipei
- Discover the most exciting night markets in Taiwan
- Ride the Gondola to the top of Maokong Mountain
- Discover the beautiful city of Hualien in the east of Taiwan
- Explore the Taroko Gorge, one of Asia’s seven wonders
- Ride the Star Ferry and enjoy Hong Kong’s stunning skyline
- Visit Victoria Peak and enjoy a view of the city’s landscape
- Witness “The Symphony of Lights”, light and sound show
- Explore the ancient fishing villages in Lantau and Lamma Island
- Join the local ayi in Guilin for some fun square dancing nearby
- Learn Taiji Quan with a local master at Zizhou Park
- Cruise down the famed Li River for a weekend in Yangshuo
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
During the course of this program, Northwest China Council participants will gain invaluable insight into China’s cultural heritage and modern ascension through a journey of four different cities: Taipei, Hualien, Hong Kong and Guilin.
Primary Trip Segments
Taipei:One of Asia’s most vibrant cities
Hualien:A beautiful city on the east coast of the island of Taiwan
Hong Kong:The magnificent fragrant harbor city
Guilin:Life and culture on the Li River
Faculty Leader:Leslie Atiyeh
Trip duration:16 days of travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by August 15, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “NW China Council 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by August 15, 2017.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.