China Institute ’18 Summer in China!
Program Start:Saturday, July 7, 2018
Program End:Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Discover the famous outdoor food market in Wangfujing
- Explore the temples, gardens and pavilions of Beijing’s Summer Palace
- Hike Yao Shan and enjoy Guilin’s karst mountain scenery
- Cruise down the famed Li River to the ancient fishing villager of Yangshuo
- Attend a river performance directed by Zhang Yimou
- Bicycle along the Yulong River to Moon Hill
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
With careful guidance from CLI’s team of Western and Chinese educators, China Institute students will gain invaluable insight into China’s cultural heritage and modern ascension through a journey across Beijing, Guilin, Longsheng and Yangshuo.
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Exploration of China’s cultural heritage
Guilin:Language and culture by the Li River
Longsheng:Discover China’s minorities’ lifestyle
Yangshuo:Experience an ancient fishing village
Faculty Leader:Shenzhan Liao
Trip duration:16 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Wednesday, January 18, 2018. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “China Institute 2018”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Tuesday, February 14, 2018. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held. Please note that Hong Kong and China require separate visas for some passport holders (not United States citizens).
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet for your China Seminar
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.