Chinese with Mike!
Program Start:Thursday, August 3, 2017
Program End:Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Zipline down from the Great Wall of China!
- Expert lecture on the future of U.S. and China relations
- Get to know Sichuan’s most famous residents outside of a zoo!
- Visit the world’s largest Buddha at Leshan
- Enjoy the view from the Golden Summit in Emei Shan in Sichuan
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a weekend
- Rock climbing spectacular karst mountains in Yangshuo
- Bicycle along the Yulong River to Moon Hill
- Experience Yinxiang Liu San Jie (印象刘三姐) river performance, directed by Zhang Yimou
- Tour the Bund and get a glimpse of Shanghai’s futuristic skyline
- Experience Shanghai’s world-famous acrobatic show!
- Ascend the Shanghai World Financial Center skyscraper
Faculty Leaders:Mike Hainzinger
2017 China Seminar
Trip duration:21 days of study and travel
The thematic focus of the Chinese with Mike 2017 China Seminar will be
Learning Chinese through Adventure, by which students will organically advance their language ability while they venture into some of China’s most beautiful and exciting places and partake in fun, adrenaline-filled activities. Emphasis will be placed on introducing the students to China’s cultural traditions and stoking their creative abilities and imagination to deepen their fluency in Mandarin.
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing, China:Introduction to China’s cultural heritage
Chengdu, China:See the country’s breathtaking natural landscape
Guilin, China:Language and culture by the Li River
Shanghai, China:China’s modern economic ascension
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by June 8, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Chinese with Mike 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by June 8, 2017. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held. Please note that Hong Kong and China require separate visas for some passport holders (not United States citizens).
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.