IFE Croatia 2017
Start Date and City:Monday, June 19, 2017 in Zagreb
June 19th: Check-in to the the Hotel Dubrovnik. Meet in hotel’s lobby at 5pm. Group dinner to follow.
End Date and City:Thursday, June 29, 2017 in Zagreb
June 29th: Depart Zagreb
- Participate in a crash course of Croatia’s history: from Ancient Rome to communist Yugoslavia and the advent of the modern Croatian state
- Board a funicular to Gornji Grad and explore the medieval home of the city’s most visited attractions
- Discover the colorful Dolac fruit and vegetable market, where traders from around the country come to sell their products
- Visit Plitvce Lakes National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site home to 16 lakes interconnected by a series of waterfalls
- Enjoy a panoramic boat tour around the shores of Krk Island
- Relax for a day in Stara Baska, a beautiful beach in Krk
Trip Duration:11 days and 10 nights
Faculty Leader:Dr. Anamaria Bukvic
- With careful guidance from CLI’s team, Virginia Tech students will embark on a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience while gaining a deeper understanding of Croatia, one of the most spectacular countries in Europe.
- Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes, Krk Island and Stara Baska
Primary Trip Segments
- Before March 28: submit CLI’s Student Information Form
- Before March 28: submit 500 USD deposit
- Before April 25: submit first half of program balance
- Before May 1: submit International Flight Form
- Before May 23: submit final half of program balance
IFE Croatia Summer 2017 To-Do ListIf you would like to enroll in the 2017 Croatia Summer IFE, please complete each of the following steps in preparation for your travels. Please feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email our Director of Enrollment at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the enrollment process.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Please complete our Student Information Form as soon as possible, but no later than March 28, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “CLiGS IFE Croatia Summer 2017”.
- Read and accept key policies regarding CLiGS Global Programs
Please submit the VT and CLiGS Key Policies Form before submitting your program deposit. This step must be completed before you submit your deposit in step 4, due Friday, March 24, 2017.
- Register with Virginia Tech’s Global Education Office and submit all required forms
Visit the website of Virginia Tech’s Global Education Office. In the top right corner of the page, click on “VT CAS Login.” Once you are registered in the system you will have access to a list of required forms and information to submit to the Global Education Office, including a scanned, color copy of your passport, emergency contact information, and electronic signatures on key policies. Ensure that you have signed and submitted all required forms and information.
- Submit your IFE Croatia Summer 2017 deposit
In order to secure your space in this IFE, please click the link below to submit your 500 USD non-refundable deposit by March 28, 2017. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your Croatia IFE deposit.
- Stay current on important travel information
- Secure your passport
If you do not have a passport, please apply for one immediately. If you do have a passport, double check that its expiration date is at least six months after the end of your upcoming IFE in Croatia. If your passport’s expiration date is within six months of your IFE end date, please renew your passport as soon as possible.
- Purchase your international airfare and complete CLI’s Flight Form
After purchasing your international airfare, please share your flight information with CLI by completing this international flight form by the date noted under “Important Deadlines” above.
- Secure your visa (if applicable)
Passport holders from most countries, including the United States, are not required to arrange a visa prior to departing for Croatia. However, you are advised to review Croatia’s visa policies at least two months prior to your IFE’s commencement date. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held.
- Review the Hotel Information for your China Seminar
Be sure to review this hotel information file carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI put together this detailed pre-departure packet.
- Consider learning survival CroatianA great selection of free Croatian learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources available online.
- Submit the first installment of your program balanceThe first installment of your program balance of 1,400 USD (half of the 2,800 USD remaining program fee, which is the 3300 USD less your 500 USD deposit from step 3 above) is due by April 25, 2017. Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit this balance.
- Complete CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions FormPlease complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Submit your remaining program balance
- Consider learning survival Croatian