Hamilton Boys’ High School in China ’19
- Hike up Tunnel Hill Park at sunrise and enjoy Guilin’s spectacular karst mountain scenery
- Engage daily with a variety of Chinese peers and local community members
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a day in the ancient fishing village
- Attend Liu San Jie (印象刘三姐) river performance directed by Zhang Yimou, who also directed the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
- Walk through the stone paths of Daxu village, exhibiting Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
Program Start:Sunday, July 7, 2019
Program End:Monday, July 22, 2019
Primary Trip Segments
Guilin:The Hamilton Boys High School 2019 China Seminar will take place in Guilin, a picturesque southern Chinese city famed for its pristine natural environment and storybook rivers and mountains.
Yangshuo:Students will also discover the beauty of Southern China from the viewpoint of the Li River, as they cruise down towards the ancient fishing village of Yangshuo.
Longsheng:In Longsheng, students will hike through the ancient rice terraces of Longji, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years.
Faculty Leader:Natalie Blackburn
Trip duration:16 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by April 14, 2019. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Hamilton Boys’ High School 2019 China Seminar”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by May 12, 2019.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet for your China Seminar
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet for your Seminar. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.