The Lauder Institute
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Gender and Leadership in Iceland LIV
Lauder students will gain invaluable insight into Iceland’s pioneering efforts to advance the rights of women and establish gender equality in all spheres of society.
Primary Trip Segments
Reykjavik: Bridging the Gap for Gender Equality
Akureyri: Icelandic Cooperation on Gender Issues
Westfjords: Wildlife in Breiðafjörður Bay
Dr. Mili Lozada-Cerna
8 days of study and travel
Winter in Iceland ’18
- Enjoy some of the most spectacular natural landscapes in Iceland!
- Visit a series of local companies to learn about the strategies Icelandic corporations are implementing to ensure gender parity in all levels of management
- Explore colorful Old Reykjavik, in the heart of the capital city, with its beautiful central lake, the white-concrete Hallgrimskirkja Church, the iconic Harpa Concert Hall and the Sun Voyager Sculpture on the shore walk.
- Drive to the Reykjavik countryside to hunt for the dazzling Northern Lights!
- Visit the University of Iceland to participate in a discussion with a gender issues specialist.
- Enjoy an up-close look of the Great Geysir, Gullfoss Waterfall and Kerio Volcanic Crater Lake.
- Scan the frostbitten Icelandic coastline for dolphins, minke and humpback whales!
- Join a sea tour of breathtaking Breiðafjörður Bay and discover its iconic islands and gain an up-close look of its abundant birdlife.
- Learn about the main institutional mechanisms, policies and legal framework aimed at promoting gender equality in all levels of society at the Center for Gender Equality.