Fall ’15 Morocco IFE
Start Date and City:January 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM in Rabat
End Date and City:January 12, 2016 in Rabat (your Rabat hotel night is covered by CLiGS on the evening of January 12)
Primary Trip Segments
- Your CLiGS faculty lead will provide this information around four months prior to the Morocco program’s start date.
Faculty Lead:Selma Elouardighi
Trip Duration:10 days and 10 nights
Your CLiGS faculty lead will provide this information around four months prior to the Morocco program’s start date.
- Oct 2, 2015: submit your Student Info Form (see Step 1 below)
- Within 2 weeks of completing Step 1 below: submit 300 USD program deposit
- Dec 15, 2015: submit remaining program balance
Morocco IFE To-Do ListIf you would like to enroll in this Morocco IFE, please complete each of the following steps in preparation for your travels. As CLI is an official CLiGS partner and helps manage the Center’s IFE enrollment and logistical needs, please feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email our Director of Enrollment at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the enrollment process.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Please complete our Student Information Form by Friday, October 2, 2015. Your Morocco IFE program deposit will then be due within two weeks of submitting this form. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Please also be on the lookout for an email from the Virginia Tech Global Education Office requesting that you complete its required liability and financial agreement forms.
- Submit your IFE deposit
In order to secure your space in this IFE, please click the below link to submit your 300 USD non-refundable IFE deposit within two weeks of submitting your Student Information Form. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (see Step 1 above). Prior to submitting your deposit, please review CLiGS Program Dismissal/Cancellation Policy. By enrolling in any International Fieldwork Experience, you explicitly agree to these aforementioned terms. Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your IFE deposit.
- Purchase your international airfare and complete CLI’s Flight Form
After purchasing your international airfare, please share your flight information with CLI by completing this international flight form at least one month prior to program commencement.
- Secure your passport
If you do not have a passport, please apply for one immediately. If you do have a passport, double check that its expiration date is at least six months after the end of your upcoming IFE. If your passport’s expiration date is within six months of your IFE end date, please renew your passport as soon as possible.
- Secure your visa (if applicable)
Passport holders from most countries, including the United States, are not currently required to obtain a visa to enter Morocco. However, you are advised to review Morocco’s visa policies at least two months prior to your IFE’s commencement date.
- Submit required forms to Virginia Tech’s Global Education Office (GEO)
Virginia Tech’s Global Education Office (GEO) will email you at some point prior to your program commencement to request important information required by the university. Please remain on the lookout for this email, and submit the required information in a timely manner. This information will include e-signatures, scanned passports, and emergency contact information.
- Complete CLiGS and CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI and CLiGS Pre-Departure Reminders
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI and CLiGS put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Submit your remaining IFE balance
Your remaining IFE balance of 2600 USD (which is the 2900 USD full IFE fee less your 300 USD deposit from Step 2 above) is due on December 15, 2015, which is three weeks prior to program commencement. Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit funds.
- Understand your VT-provided medical and travel insurance
Please carefully review this Virginia Tech Insurance PDF. CLiGS will purchase a travelers’ health insurance policy on your behalf from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). You will receive an email from CISI with your personal policy information. Be sure to save the information, print out a copy to bring with you on the IFE, and print out another copy to leave with your emergency contact prior to departure. CISI also offers a mobile app that may come in handy during your travels.
- Consider learning survival French
A great selection of free French learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources available online.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to Morocco. While Morocco remains a very safe destination for most travelers, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information before traveling to any foreign country.