Lafayette College in China Spring ’18
Program Start:Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Program End:Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Discover Yu Garden and Old Town in Shanghai
- Ascend the Shanghai World Financial Center skyscraper
- Get a close-up look of Shanghai’s world-famous acrobatic show
- Attend traditional Sichuan Opera performance in Chengdu
- Enjoy the sunset at the Golden Summit Jinding in Emei Shan
- Get a glimpse of Sichuan’s famous pandas outside of a zoo
- Discover Chengdu’s famous Giant Buddha
- Engage daily with Chinese peers and community members
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo
- Attend Liu San Jie (印象刘三姐) river performance directed by Zhang Yimou, who also directed the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing
- Hike Victoria Peak and enjoy a view of the Hong Kong skyline
- Enjoy the world’s largest light show, “The Symphony of Lights”
Primary Trip Segments
Shanghai:Exploration of China’s modern economic ascension
Chengdu:China’s breathtaking natural landscape
Guilin:A Southern city on the banks of the Li River
Hong Kong:One country, two systems
Faculty Leader:Dr. Li Yang
Trip duration:22 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by November 8, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Lafayette College 2018”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by November 8, 2017.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.