La Chine au Coeur Summer Seminar
Trip Duration:22 days of study and travel
Program Start:Saturday, June 16, 2018
Program End:Saturday, July 7, 2018
Program Segments:Guilin, Guangxi
Faculty Leader:Olivier Descour
While in Guilin, students will advance their language skills through intensive small group Mandarin classes, daily interaction with a range of Chinese peers and teachers, and constant immersion in the language learning environment. Focus will also be placed on introducing students to Chinese culture through the intimate lens of a small Chinese city.
During your 22-day program, Le Chine au Coeur students will be fully immersed in Chinese language and local culture.
– Daily Chinese language classes including all course materials
– Weekly cultural activities such as calligraphy and Taiji
– Overnight trip to the Dragon’s Back Rice Terraces
– Hike along the banks of the Li River
– Weekend excursions to off-the-beaten path destinations in and around Guilin
– Safe, convenient and comfortable accommodations
– Academic reading packets to accompany all activities
La Chine au Coeur Seminar To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review our Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to Olivier Descour by Friday April 6, 2018.
- Complete CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Explore CLI’s List of Online Learning Resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review important travel information
Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that each student familiarize themselves with relevant health and safety information.