Enter Name Here
Program Start:Friday, March 17, 2017
Program End:Monday, March 27, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Introduction to China’s cultural heritage in its capital city
Xi’an:Exploration of China’s ancient history
Sichuan:A glimpse of China’s breathtaking natural landscape
Shanghai:Introduction to China’s modern ascension and economic reemergence
Faculty Leader:Daniel Stol
Trip duration:11 days of study and travel
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Explore Beijing’s Summer Palace
- Gain a close-up look of the famous Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an
- Catch the sunset at the Golden Summit in Emei Shan in Sichuan
- Experience China’s breathtaking turquoise lakes at Jiuzhaigou
- Ascend the Shanghai World Financial Center skyscraper
- Before Nov 11, 2016: submit CLI’s Student Information Form
- Before Dec 2: submit 500 USD deposit
- Before Jan 17: submit first half of program balance
- Before Feb 17: submit final half of program balance
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Friday, November 11, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “XXXXX 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Thursday, October 20, 2016. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held. Please note that Hong Kong and China require separate visas for some passport holders (not United States citizens).
- Submit your 2017 China Seminar deposit
In order to secure your space in this China Seminar, please click the link below to submit your 500 USD non-refundable deposit by Friday, December 2, 2016. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your Alternative Break deposit.
- Submit the first installment of your program balance
The first installment of your program balance of 1,650 USD (half of the 3,300 USD remaining program fee, which is the 3,800 USD less your 500 USD deposit from step 3 above) is due by January 17, 2016. Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit this balance.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Submit your remaining program balance
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.