Messiah College ’18
Program Start:Sunday, July 1, 2018
Program End:Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Explore Beijing’s Summer Palace
- Gain an insider’s view of Beijing’s contemporary art scene at 798
- Pair up with a Chinese buddy for a variety of cultural activities in Hangzhou!
- Experience China’s breathtaking Yellow Mountain
- Explore buddhist temples along the shores of the West Lake in Hangzhou
- Impression West Lake performance, directed by Zhang Yimou
- Discover breathtaking Anji’s Bamboo Forests
- Enjoy a boat ride at XiXi National Wetland Park
- Discover Yu Garden and Old Town in Shanghai
- Ascend the Shanghai World Financial Center skyscraper
- Experience Shanghai’s world-famous acrobatic show
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Introduction to China’s cultural heritage in its capital city
Hanzhou:A glimpse of nature and culture by the West Lake
Shanghai:Introduction to China’s modern ascension and economic reemergence
Faculty Leader:Dr. Stella Ye
Trip duration:21 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Friday, March 16, 2018. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Messiah College 2018”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Friday, March 23, 2018. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held. Please note that Hong Kong and China require separate visas for some passport holders (not United States citizens).
- Submit your 2018 China Seminar deposit
In order to secure your space in this China Seminar, please click the link below to submit your 500 USD non-refundable deposit by Friday, April 6, 2018. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your Alternative Break deposit.
- Submit the first installment of your program balance
The first installment of your program balance of 1,370 USD (half of the 2,740 USD remaining program fee, which is the 3,240 USD less your 500 USD deposit from step 3 above) is due by April 13, 2018. Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit this balance.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Submit your remaining program balance
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet and the Itinerary for your China Seminar
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.