VT Pamplin in Spain
Program Start:Wednesday, December 28, 2017
Program End:Friday, January 13, 2018
Pamplin College of Business students will gain invaluable insight into Spain’s economic and business environment, as well as its rich cultural heritage, through a journey across Barcelona, Valencia, Granada and Madrid.
Primary Trip Segments
Barcelona:Study trade and industry in the surreal seaside city
Valencia:Exploration of the telecommunications industry in the city of arts and paella
Granada:A journey into the soul of the province of Andalucía
Madrid:Introduction to Spain’s Crowning Capital City
Faculty Leader:Reed B. Kennedy
Trip duration:17 days of study and travel
- Wander the streets of the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona
- Explore Bodegas Torres, Spain’s largest winery
- Visit La Sagrada Familia and Park Güell
- Enjoy a day trip to Montserrat
- Experience New Year’s Eve at Font Màgica de Montjuïc, while eating 12 grapes and drinking cava
- Watch live trading at the Barcelona Stock Exchange (BAR) and chat with local equity traders
- Explore Museu Picasso and walk through Barcelona’s most famous Catalan street, La Rambla
- Gain an insider’s look into the assembling facilities of SEAT
- Explore Spain’s main port and its adjoining fish market with local university peers
- Enjoy a 3-hour sunset sailing cruise departing from Port Vell
- Meeting at Telefonica, one of the largest private telecommunications companies in the world
- Explore the incredible Moorish palace fortress of La Alhambra
- Walk through the Madrid Stock Exchange (MAD)
- Enjoy tapas in La Latina, one of the best places in Madrid
- Tour El Corte Inglés, Spain’s largest chain of department stores
- Explore Museo del Prado and the Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your Spain Winter Break. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Thursday, October 5, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “VT Pamplin in Spain 2017”.
- Secure your passport
If you do not have a passport, please apply for one immediately. If you do have a passport, double check that its expiration date is at least six months after the end of your upcoming Winter Break. If your passport’s expiration date is within six months of your Winter Break end date, please renew your passport as soon as possible.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Consider learning survival Spanish
A great selection of free Spanish learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources available online.
- Stay current on important travel information