China Photography Expedition 2017
- Attend two sessions of Mandarin Chinese training at CLI
- Explore Guilin with a Chinese pengyou (friend), who will assist you in your daily excursions
- Explore the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
- Visit a Buddhist monastery built into the side of a karst mountain, explore its underground prayer caves
- Hike Tunnel Hill Park and enjoy Guilin’s spectacular karst mountain scenery
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a day in the ancient fishing village
- Explore Daxu Village, which showcases a variety of Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture
Program Start:Sunday, November 5, 2017
Program End:Thursday, November 16, 2017
The China Photography Expedition will be based in Guilin, China, a southern Chinese city famed for its pristine natural environment and storybook rivers and mountains:
- The thematic focus of this photography expedition will be Cultural Discovery through the intimate lens of Guilin, a beautiful southern Chinese city located on the banks of the Li River. While in Guilin, the group will deepen their understanding of important cultural themes through 2 sessions of Mandarin training and daily interaction with a range of Chinese local community members. Additionally, each photographer will be accompanied by a Chinese pengyou (friend), who will assist them in their daily excursions.
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your Photography Expedition. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Thursday, September 15, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Photography Expedition 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Thursday, September 22, 2017.
- Submit your 2017 China Photography Expedition deposit
In order to secure your space in this China Photography Expedition, please click the link below to submit a 500 USD non-refundable deposit by Friday, August 11, 2017. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your China Photography Expedition Deposit.
- Submit your program balance
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.