Project GO 2016
Program Start:Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Program End:Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Primary Trip Segments
Guilin, Guangxi:Seven weeks of Mandarin Chinese study
Shanghai, China:Three days of travel and cultural learning
Beijing, China:Three days of travel and cultural learning
Trip Duration:8 weeks of study and travel
The 8 week trip will take students to three of China’s most famous cities, and will follow these general themes:
- In Guilin, one of China’s most famous cities, students will engage in intensive small-group Mandarin Chinese study at CLI.
- Shanghai is China’s financial and commercial capital. Students will learn about China’s rapid development and modern ascension.
- In Beijing, students will climb the Great Wall of China, explore the Forbidden City, and through daily excursions, learn more about China’s political structure and cultural heritage.
Project GO Summer 2016 To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your program at CLI. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Director of Enrollment at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Thursday, March 17, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. For the International Airfare drop-down, please select “Option 1”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review our Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to Dr. Milman-Miller by mail or in-person by Friday, April 1, 2016.
- Complete CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form by Friday, March 25, 2016. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Explore CLI’s list of Online Learning Resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Familiarize yourself with your itinerary
Be sure to thoroughly review your China itinerary and, as always, feel free to contact CLI anytime.