Virginia Tech RSAP in England and Ireland
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Sunday, May 28, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
London: Exploration of England’s deep-rooted history of technological innovation
Nottingham: Experience state-of-the-art car production facilities
Dublin: Introduction to a flourishing city and Europe’s IT capital
Galway: Visit to the cultural and artistic center of Ireland
Dr. David Knight
- Discover the inner workings of the most famous bridge in England: the London Tower Bridge.
- Learn about the London Underground and tour an abandoned station.
- Visit a medium-sized engineering firm in London for networking, an office tour and a roundtable discussion with local engineers and management.
- Visit Portsmouth, the only island city in the United Kingdom and the headquarters of the British Navy for over 500 years.
- Visit the MINI Cooper Plant in Oxford and explore topics surrounding automotive design, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Experience the state-of-the-art Rolls-Royce production facilities and understand how this sophisticated machine is manufactured.
- Visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Ireland’s largest church.
- Learn how dark brown stout is made while touring the Guinness Brewery.
- Visit Galway, the cultural and artistic capital of the west of Ireland.
- Enjoy an excursion to the imperious Cliffs of Moher. These stunning cliffs tower 750 feet above the Atlantic.
Pre-Departure To-Do List
Please complete each of the following steps in preparation for your England and Ireland Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form
by Friday, December 2, 2016
. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “VT RSAP England-Ireland 2017”.
- Secure your passport
If you do not already have a passport that will be valid for at least six months after your program end date, please visit the U.S. State Department
for instructions on how to obtain one. If you are not an American citizen and believe you may need a British or an Irish visa, please contact CLI by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form
upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review important travel information
Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC
and the U.S. State Department
well in advance of your departure to the United Kingdom and Ireland. These countries benefit from generally low crime rates. However, the State Department highlights that there is risk of potential terrorist attacks throughout all European countries, targeting major events, tourist sites, restaurants, commercial centers and transportation.