VT RSAP in Europe
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
Milan, Italy: Introduction to Italy’s masters of design and gastronomy
Geneva, Switzerland: Learn about diplomacy and the future of the nuclear age
Munich, Germany: Exploration of Germany’s high-tech powerhouse city
Dr. David Knight
- Visit Modena, the capital of engines in Italy, home of many of the country’s most famous sports car factories: Lamborghini, Maserati and Ferrari.
- Spend a day in Parma and visit the Accademia Barilla, the biggest pasta factory in the world. Enjoy pasta and parmagiano cheese at the Accademia’s trattoria.
- Visit CERN in Geneva, home to the Large Hadron Collider, the world’s largest machine and most powerful particle accelerator.
- Travel across the Alps into Lucerne; get an up-close look at some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes and some of the world’s largest construction projects.
- Spend a day in the breathtaking city of Salzburg. Ride the glass Festungsbahn funicular atop the Festung Hohensalzburg, a mighty 900 year-old clifftop fortress.
- Visit Neuschwanstein near Munich, one of Europe’s most spectacular castles.
- Tour the BMW Plant and get an in-depth look behind the scenes of all areas of production.
Pre-Departure To-Do List
Please complete each of the following steps in preparation for your Italy, Switzerland and Germany Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form
by Friday, December 30, 2016
. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. If you do not currently have a valid passport, you are still able to submit the Student Information Form using these instructions
. Your program is titled “VT Italy-Switzerland-Germany 2017”.
- Secure your passport
If you do not already have a passport that will be valid for at least six months after your program end date, please visit the U.S. State Department
for instructions on how to obtain one.
- Secure your visa
If you are not a United States passport holder and believe you may need a Schengen visa
, please contact CLI by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form
upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review important travel information
Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC
and the U.S. State Department
well in advance of your departure to Italy, Switzerland and Germany. These countries benefit from generally low crime rates. However, the State Department highlights that there is risk of potential terrorist attacks throughout all European countries, targeting major events, tourist sites, restaurants, commercial centers and transportation.