Servite in China
Program Start:Friday, June 10, 2016
Program End:Sunday, July 10, 2016
Primary Trip Segments
Guilin, China:Language & Culture on the Li River (3 weeks)
Beijing, China:Study Tour Component in the Capital City (1 week)
Faculty Leader:Alan Baubonis and Chris Weir
Program DescriptionThe Servite High School summer 2016 China Seminar will consist of two main program portions:
- During the Guilin portion of the China Seminar, students will advance their language skills through intensive small group Mandarin class, daily interaction with a range of Chinese peers and teachers, and constant immersion in the language learning environment.
- During the Beijing portion, students will be immersed in Chinese culture and history in the PRC’s capital city. Important historical sites will be visited and students will discover the city in a variety of unique ways, including through interactive games and dialogue with locals.
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Director of Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Thursday, March 31, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Servite Summer 2016”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.
- Familiarize yourself with your itinerary
Please thoroughly review your China itinerary and, as always, feel free to contact CLI anytime.