Seton Hall Prep in China
Program Start:Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Program End:Friday, April 21, 2017
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City and eat lunch at local hutong family home
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Discover the famous outdoor food market in Wangfujing
- Get a close-up look of China’s art scene at the 798 art zone
- Hike Chuan Shan and enjoy Guilin’s karst mountain scenery
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a weekend
- Attend a river performance directed by Zhang Yimou
- Bicycle along the Yulong River to Moon Hill
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
- Discover Yu Garden and Old Town in Shanghai
- Ascend the Shanghai World Financial Center, one of China’s tallest skyscrapers
- Tour the Bund and get a glimpse of Shanghai’s futuristic skyline
- Explore the Propaganda Poster Art Centre and walk around the Former French Concession
- Experience Shanghai’s world-famous acrobatic show
With careful guidance from CLI’s team of Western and Chinese educators, Seton Hall Preparatory School students will gain invaluable insight into China’s cultural heritage and modern ascension through a journey across the cities of Beijing, Guilin and Shanghai.
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Exploration of China’s cultural heritage
Guilin:Life and culture by the Li River
Shanghai:Introduction to China’s modern ascension
Faculty Leader:Michael Hegedus
Trip duration:11 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by February 14, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Seton Hall Prep 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by February 14, 2017.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.