SHP in China!
Program Start:Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Program End:Friday, April 21, 2017
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Discover the famous outdoor food market in Wangfujing
- Get a close-up look of China’s art scene at the 798 art zone
- Visit the famous Terracotta Warrior Exhibit
- Bike ride atop the Xi’an’s ancient city wall
- Hike Chuan Shan and enjoy Guilin’s karst mountain scenery
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a weekend
- Attend a river performance directed by Zhang Yimou
- Bicycle along the Yulong River to Moon Hill
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
- Discover Yu Garden and Old Town in Shanghai
- Ascend the SWFC, one of China’s tallest skyscrapers
- Tour the Bund and get a glimpse of Shanghai’s futuristic skyline
- Explore the Propaganda Poster Art Centre and walk around the Former French Concession
- Experience Shanghai’s world-famous acrobatic show
With careful guidance from CLI’s team of Western and Chinese educators, Seton Hall Preparatory School students will gain invaluable insight into China’s cultural heritage and modern ascension through a journey across the cities of Beijing, Guilin and Shanghai.
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Exploration of China’s cultural heritage
Guilin:Life and culture by the Li River
Xi’an:Experience China’s ancient history
Shanghai:Introduction to China’s modern ascension
Faculty Leader:Michael Hegedus
Trip duration:11 days of study and travel
- Before Jan 18, 2017: submit CLI’s Student Information Form
- Before Jan 20, 2017: submit 1,300 USD deposit
- Before Feb 28, 2017: submit program balance
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Wednesday, January 18, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Seton Hall Prep 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Tuesday, February 14, 2017. All travelers are responsible for researching and complying with the appropriate visa requirements for the country/countries where their program is being held. Please note that Hong Kong and China require separate visas for some passport holders (not United States citizens).
- Submit your 2017 China Seminar deposit
In order to secure your space in this China Seminar, please click the link below to submit a 1,300 USD non-refundable deposit that will cover your international airfare by Friday, January 20, 2017. Please note that in order to submit your deposit, you must first complete CLI’s Student Information Form (step 1 above). Please use our secure and convenient online payment system (secured by Stripe) to submit your China Seminar Deposit.
- Submit your program balance
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet and the Hotel Information for your China Seminar
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.
- Review the day-to-day itinerary of your 2017 China SeminarGet acquainted with the activities and site visits planned for your time abroad by reviewing your China Seminar Itinerary.