Virginia Tech RSAP Colombia & Peru
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Sunday, May 27, 2018
Primary Trip Segments:
Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena, Lima, Cusco
Faculty Leader: TBA
15 days and 13 nights
- Before Dec 29: submit CLI’s Student Information Form
- Before January 19: submit 500 USD deposit
- Before February 2: submit first half of program balance
- Before February 16: submit International Flight Form
- Before March 16: submit final half of program balance
- Learn about life in Bogotá, Colombia’s capital and its main economic and industrial center, as well as one of the continent’s most vibrant cultural scenes.
- Explore La Candelaria, Bogotá’s cobbled historic downtown, with its beautiful preserved colonial buildings, 300-year-old homes, churches and convents.
- Participate in a guest lecture on Colombia’s mineral sector.
- Gain a close-up look of all things chubby at the Botero Museum.
- Chat with students from the Universidad de Medellín.
- Explore the beautiful old town in Medellín, a UNESCO site.
- Spend the day relaxing and snorkeling at the Islas del Rosario, an archipelago that boasts one of the most important coral reefs of the Colombian Caribbean coast.
- Visit the Peruvian University of Applied Sciences campus and participate in a cultural exchange with its engineering students.
- Discover Macchu Picchu. This Ancient Inca City is the best-known archaeological site on the continent and it rests on a spectacular location that never ceases to inspire awe in every visitor.