SSSAS Spring 2016
Program Start:Saturday, March 19, 2016
Program End:Sunday, March 27, 2016
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing, China:Welcome orientation and 3 days of travel
Xi’an, Shaanxi, China:Welcome orientation and 2 days of travel
Shanghai, China:Welcome orientation and 3 days of travel
Faculty Leader:Daniel Lowinger
Trip Duration:8 days of study and travel
The 8 day trip will take students to three of China’s most famous cities, and will follow these general themes:
- In Beijing, students will climb the Great Wall of China, explore the Forbidden City, and through daily excursions, learn more about China’s political structure and cultural heritage.
- In Xi’an, one of China’s ancient capitals, students will have the opportunity to visit the Terracotta Warrior excavation site, along with many other Qin and Tang Dynasty relics.
- Shanghai is China’s financial and commercial capital. Students will learn about China’s rapid development and modern ascension.
St. Stephens & St. Agnes School To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Director of Enrollment at email@example.com.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. For the International Airfare drop-down, please select “Option 1”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review our Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to Mr. David Yee at the Upper School by mail or in-person by Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
- Review your international flight itinerary
Thoroughly review your international flight itinerary, and feel free to contact CLI should you have any questions. Remember, your international flights to and from China have already been purchased by CLI.
- Complete CLI’s Medical Allergies and Dietary Restrictions Form
Please complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
- Explore CLI’s list of Online Learning Resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Familiarize yourself with your itinerary
Be sure to thoroughly review your China itinerary and, as always, feel free to contact CLI anytime.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that each student familiarize themselves with relevant health and safety information.