St. Catherine’s School in China
- Hike along the top of Victoria Peak and enjoy a view of the famous Hong Kong skyline
- Enjoy the world’s largest light and sound show, “The Symphony of Lights”
- Hike up Tunnel Hill Park at sunrise and enjoy Guilin’s spectacular karst mountain scenery
- Engage daily with a variety of Chinese peers and local community members
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a day and night in the ancient fishing village
- Attend Liu San Jie (印象刘三姐) river performance directed by Zhang Yimou, who also directed the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
Program Start:Thursday, February 23, 2017
Program End:Thursday, March 2, 2017
Primary Trip Segments
Hong Kong:The St. Catherine’s High School Spring 2017 China Seminar will commence in Hong Kong, where students will discover Asia’s economic might by witnessing firsthand this city’s breathtaking urban landscape.
Guilin:After spending two days in Hong Kong’s historic collection of islands, students will travel to Guilin, a picturesque southern Chinese city famed for its pristine natural environment and storybook rivers and mountains.
Yangshuo:They will also discover the beauty of Southern China from the viewpoint of the Li River, as they cruise down towards the ancient fishing village of Yangshuo.
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Friday, November 11th, 2016. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “St. Catherine’s 2017”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Thursday, December 1st, 2016.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Online Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet and the Hotel Information for your China Seminar
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.