High School Summer Program in China
Program Start:Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Program End:Monday, August 21, 2017
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City and Beijing’s Summer Palace
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Discover the famous outdoor food market in Wangfujing
- Get a close-up look of China’s art scene at the 798 art zone
- Visit the famous Terracotta Warrior Exhibit
- Bike ride atop the Xi’an’s ancient city wall
- Visit the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda and watch Asia’s largest coordinated fountain show
- Visit a Buddhist monastery built into the side of a karst mountain
- Hike Chuan Shan and enjoy Guilin’s karst mountain scenery
- Cruise down the famed Li River to Yangshuo for a weekend
- Attend a river performance directed by Zhang Yimou
- Bicycle along the Yulong River to Moon Hill
- Hike up the Longsheng Terraces, which have been constructed over the course of 500 years
- Walk through the stone paths of Daxu village, exhibiting Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture
- Ride the Star Ferry and enjoy Hong Kong’s stunning landscape
- Hike the top of Victoria Peak and enjoy a view of the city’s skyline
- Witness the world’s largest light show, “The Symphony of Lights”
With careful guidance from CLI’s team of Western and Chinese educators, High School students will gain invaluable insight into China’s cultural heritage and modern ascension through a journey across the cities of Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin and Hong Kong.
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:Exploration of China’s cultural heritage
Xi’an:Introduction to China’s ancient history
Guilin:Language and culture by the Li River
Hong Kong:One country, two systems
Faculty Leader:Suping Chen
Trip duration:21 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by June 6, 2017. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “High School Summer Program in China”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by June 6, 2017.
- Complete CLI’s allergies and dietary restrictions form
Complete our medical allergies and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.